San Francisco State University seeks a Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA). The successful candidate will be a highly accomplished professional with a demonstrated record of outstanding leadership, a deep commitment to student success, and a desire to foster an environment of inclusiveness and support for the university’s diverse student body, while enriching student learning, fostering a strong sense of community, and promoting growth through engagement in the life of the university.
Reporting directly to the President and serving on the President's Cabinet, the Vice President for Student Affairs will manage a budget of approximately $60 million and will lead a team responsible for a broad portfolio of student support services and related programs, which currently includes: student outreach and incoming student programs; residential life; career development; student life; services to students and employees with disabilities; student conduct and ethical development; student health and psychological counseling; student leadership and multicultural development; student recreation and fitness; admissions, records and enrollment management; financial aid; university police; emergency preparedness; parking and transportation services; and the Vice President’s management office.
Vice President for Student Affairs candidates visit campus
The campus community is invited to attend community forums with the five finalists for the Vice President for Student Affairs, who will be on campus for full-day visits. The forums, which will include presentations by each candidate, will take place in the Library Events Room, LIB 121 from 3 to 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, Jan. 30: Kevin Colaner, associate vice president for Student Services, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Friday, Jan. 31: Nancy Wada-McKee, assistant vice president for Student Affairs-Student Services, California State University, Los Angeles
- Monday, Feb. 3: Edward Mills, associate vice president for Student Affairs, California State University, Sacramento
- Tuesday, Feb. 4: Jo Volkert, interim vice president for Student Affairs/Enrollment Management, San Francisco State University
- Friday, Feb. 7: Luoluo Hong, vice chancellor for Student Affairs, University of Hawaii at Hilo
For more about the candidates, including their curricula vitae, visit the Candidates page by clicking here.
To share your perspective on the candidates after they have visited the campus, visit the Provide Feedback page by clicking here.